giovedì 23 maggio 2013

What does it means NOT being dyslexic

I'm not kidding. Brian, the protagonist of my story (Rough Dream) has severe dyslexia, and there are a lot of scenes where he does cope with it.
I live in a family where dyslexia runs. But I took instead Asperger syndrome and no dyslexia (my mum and my brother have mild dyslexia, my dad is colourblind).
To be honest, knowing that I will be able to read everything and whenever I want is comfortable, but now I need to know what it does means to have dyslexia.
I had no problem with imagining Olav's life with Alcohol (even if I never got drunk), but I can't imagine how dyslexia should work.
Letters are unsteady, swing, move around they say. How? I tried to search dyslexia simulators, and most of the time I still can read fluently.
I ask for help to dyslexic people, but even they have difficult to explain the phenomena.

I don't know if this is true.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento