giovedì 16 febbraio 2012

My first experiment on a comic page (after many years).

 Difficult meet 
The mixed media - I used PC for ballons and borders, drawings are hand-made. Even with sketches, i had problems to respect the original picture
Size - One time i drew small, but lately i was used to draw on big surface. If i want to learn to draw comics, i need to re-learn to draw small (in fact those drawings seems how my drawing were about 3/4 years ago). I need to keep the ability to draw big, because i want to draw illustration. Also, my drawings look smaller than they actually are. An ugly optical effect.
Black and white - i need to learn to make just black and white panels. Being able to colour has no sense if you can't draw a black and white picture
Drawing style - I need to study a more cartoonish style. My drawing style isn't good for comic. At the same time, my character must remain recognizable. I think i will work on proportions.

Some curiosity
- No spoiler here. This scene should happens near to the ending of RtYS, but i will change that part because i don't like it, is unoriginal. I used that scene just to pratice on comic
- Alice and Elena wear wigs (they're going in the city)

I've projected other comic pages, and i must pratice more on pure black and white.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento