sabato 28 gennaio 2012

Time to do comics

This page has been done in 2008 (In fact drawings were clearly different).
I realized how bad i am at doing comics, despite i always liked to draw them. And to said more, how bad were comics that influenced me in my childhood, because when i say bad comic, i have in mind a certain comic (Topolino isn't very good, not only drawing aren't pleasant but even some shots suck). In fact, looking on Deviaant Art, i see how good are even amateur comic artist that can't draw very well, compared to comics i used to read when i was little. If i want to tell my stories in a good way i need to be a good comic artist, and since i'm not gifted at all it will take years.
I prefer to do no comics soon rather than being like Stephanie Meyer(i mean as bad artist) or Gamberetta(another bad artist - not comic artist but still a good example about how don't do things), also i have to finish stories, so there is time for those things too. Making things i like without effort and knowledge is a thing i hate!
I like western comics. Mangas are often full of close up and details like backgrounds are almost always missed (Akira Toriyama isn't the best comic artist in the world but he has very nice tastes when talking about page composition and shots). Modern italian comics are often cold and full of texts (but i have to learn to write more myself, during high school year, someone has said that my characters tend to communicate in a non-verbal way and they don't talk much). I love french comics but my drawing style doesn't fit with french way to tell a story.. American style has great shots and i like how they manage to create the right atmosphere, lineart is amazing, but drawing style is harsh.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento